Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My mum is bedridden...

My mum is currently bedridden.

It was the most painful sight of my life.

In my darkest moment, I'm taunted by the question of "WHY?"

Why did this happened? Why my mum? Why? Why? Why?...

And what a grateful memory when I remember my mum used to teach me the story of Prophet Ayyub (aka Job, peace be upon him) who was bedridden due to his illness.

Whose wealth, health & children were stripped of in split second.

Who held fast to his faith, neither shed a tear nor heaved a sigh.

Who remarked that all possessions and families' health were the gifts from Allah. If He had taken His things, it was useless to lament over their loss.

Whose example illustrates: Those who remain patient under the stress - of all circumstances, are never deprived of high rewards.

"And surely we try you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and crops, but give glad-tidings to the steadfast, who when a misfortune befalls them, say lo! we are Allah's (possession of Allah) and to Him shall we surely return. · Such are they on whom are blessings from their Lord, and mercy. Such are the rightly-guided." (2: 155-157)

No comments: