One of the most craved & overly hyped food is none other than Mee Banjir Udang Mak Teh in Kuala Sepetang, Perak. The shop has appeared in virtually all food guide programmes in TV.
Damn, the Mee Banjir is so tempting that deep down in my heart, it's one of the reason I moved from Johor to Perak (Yes, insane... and stupid).
Anyway, Mak Teh's shop is located in Kuala Sepetang not far from Taiping. To be more exact, just refer the map below:
From Simpang main traffic light, just take the road to Kuala Sepetang.
On the way, you'll see this Ngah Ibrahim's Fort aka Kompleks Sejarah Larut-Matang.
Keep going until you meet this new signboard on your left:
Or this legendary signboard:
The main dish here is Mee Banjir Udang. They use fresh sea prawns here. And for a plate costed RM12, you'll be having 6 gigantic size sea prawns!
Aside from Mee Banjir (you can substitute with kuetiaw or beehoon), there's also Mee Goreng Udang & Nasi Goreng Udang.
After a while...
I'll definitely tapao the RM12 Mee Goreng Udang to be savoured at home, aside from the aroma in my car on the way back...
However, only 1 of the 6 giant prawns are fresh. Shit!
1. A must try, especially if you're a prawn lover.
2. It's good due to the prawns.
3. They use fresh prawns for dine-in but 'not-so-fresh' prawns for take away, so enjoy the dishes there.
4. RM12 for 6 XL size prawns is quite ok but they also have RM8 & RM10 meal.
5. Quite crowded during holiday season.
6. The service is good, perhaps due to the prepare the kuah (gravy) in large amount.
7. Lots of flies. Interestingly the don't land on the prawns. Maybe they have boring or the prawns are heavily laced with formaldehyde. Hahaha! Joking only...