Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Daulat Tuanku al-Sultan Kelantan

Today & tomorrow is the birthday of the HRH Sultan of Kelantan, Sultan Ismail Petra.

Since I started to have my memories, Kota Bharu was & still 'bathed with neon lights' for the next few weeks for the celebration of the King's birthday.

Almost all government bodies will erect their very own colorful Pintu Gerbang (what is it in English aar?). Even trees are not spared, they will be decorated with lampu lip-lap (Christmas lights perhaps?).

People from all over the states will head to KB to enjoy the lights, even from Kuala Krai, Gua Musang & Ulu Legeh.

I knew coz I was once did the same thing. My parents told me that when I was about 3-4 yrs old (at that time our family resided in Pasir Puteh, 40km from KB), I asked them to bring me to KB to watch all the Pintu Gerbang.

So my parents, as a sign of love to their children, take us to KB one night.

My abah drove us all the way from Pasir Puteh only to found me already fell asleep way before we reached KB...

As Kelantanese would say: "Bejurus punyo budok!"

No comments: