Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Legend of Bruce Lee - Wachaaa!!!

Being a martial arts fan (even though I have never seriously learned any - save for a few basic steps of karate) I could not resist gluing myself to 8TV every night to watch "The Legend of Bruce Lee" series. It claimed to be a proper tribute to Lee compared to the movie "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story". The script of the series was also approved by Shannon Lee - Lee's daughter who's also served as executive producer.



Honestly I was fooled by the uncanny resemblance of the actor, Danny Chan Kwok Kuen with Bruce Lee himself. Ceh! There will also be guest appereances by Ray Park (Darth Maul), Mark Dacascos & Michael Jai White (Spawn & Gambol in The Dark Knight), among others who will fight Chan' Bruce Lee.





It also claims to tell some untold stories about Bruce Lee, which I hope will include the highly controversial (or fabricated & exaggerated) fight with the Silat Gayung Master Dato' Meor Abdul Rahman (arwah) but that seems unlikely since promotional photos/clips never show Lee fighting a Silat practitioner.
Some silat students (mostly teenagers) claimed that the fight was the cause of Lee's death due to Meor Rahman used a special (ilmu batin) palm technique called "Kipas Senandung". While a high ranking Silat Practitioner who claimed he witnessed the fight (which took place in a private room in Hong Kong Airport in early 70's) said it was just a skill sharing fight between 2 martial art grandmasters without harming each other.
To me, whether the Jeet Kune Do vs Silat Gayung fight really took place or not or which story is true is not important.
The most important thing is that I have an exciting TV series to watch so that I can spend my boring & lonely evening in Tronoh... haha...
And as Lee's widow last line in Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story :

"All these years later, people still wonder about how he died. I prefer to
remember how he lived. "


.
.
.
Wachaaa!!!

No comments: